Looking back on 2012
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2012 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
4,329 films were submitted to the 2012 Cannes Film Festival. This blog had 20,000 views in 2012. If each view were a film, this blog would power 5 Film Festivals
I haven’t been very productive in 2012, but that’s no surprise, as I’ve had my hands full with my little monsters. Here’s what I managed:
- another pattern magic twist top
- a drape drape dress, one of the most popular posts of the blog this year, and a dress I love to wear
- a pattern magic dress, which I don’t wear out of my home. I don’t know if it’s the fabric but it doesn’t feel “me”, although it’s very comfortable
- a Vena Cava dress, this might be my winner garment of the dress. I love it and wear it often.
- a firefighter red Sophia coat, worn often
- the Coral Bamboo Shoot Peplum top, seldom worn because rather formal, but much loved
for the little ones:
- I embellished DM’s Willemientje for her first school day and made a matching schultüte
- Birthday or rather xmas dresses for DM and DN, for which you can vote in the Pattern Review Sewing for Children Contest here
- I knit a top…
In conclusion, I’ve become more selfish in my sewing, and I don’t even feel bad about it. And even if I’ve not been sewing a lot, I’ve been thinking and reading about it a lot, as shown by the many “pattern sighting” and “sewing goodness extracts” posts. I would like to pick up in pace and be more productive in 2013 but it all depends on what life has in store, jobwise especially.