Skip to content

Lessons Learned

June 23, 2017

3 Years ago I made the hypnotic side panel dress, which I have since given away. I liked it and wore it but had to admit to a couple of mistakes that prevented me from *loving* it. First, the fabric I had chosen was a sturdy linen, with little drape. Then, at the time I made a cheat FBA i.e. tracing my high bust measurement size at the shoulders and transitioning to my full bust measurement size at the under armscye, not because I was lazy but because I did not know better. This time, I traced it anew and made a 3-cm armhole dart FBA separately on each side of the pattern. Why? Because the side panels are similar but not identical. I used my French curves to make sure the curves would still match and sure enough, the sewing was a breeze. That was a lot of work but it had to be prior to cutting into this juicy Vlisco fabric:

 

DSC_0016DSC_0023_31

The best is, I have enough to make another dress…

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: