Novita v. 1.1
This top was made back in February as a try to make the best of sitting home and taking care of a sick (but rather fit) 3 yo. I already had Novita traced and the fabric picked, so this second version was made in no time. I did make an adjustment: I cut the front 1 cm away from the fold and lengthened the neckline bias to account for this. It doesn’t make any difference on the back view. Upfront, the neckline is a bit broader and feels like it could slide sideways on the shoulders (though it doesn’t). However, I like this side view a lot better:
The middle front curving inways (even despite my bump) is more flattering. The fabric is an Italian cotton that I got from Ebay. Given the large flower pattern, it called for a design with as few seams as possible.