Not a good first
I found the new Ottobre in my mailbox yesterday and for the first time ever, there’s barely a pattern that I want to make in there. Or all the patterns I find somewhat interesting come in the wrong size range. I’m really not sure I’ll be able to keep my promise to myself this time😦 Have a look at the issue here.
Anyways, before it was delivered, I managed to make up another dress from the previous issue. It’s a lined dress with a bib, back zipper and pleated hem. I really like it but somehow DD is not convinced. The pattern is quite simple, especially since I didn’t embellished like in the magazine, I think the fabric can stand for itself. The most time-consuming step was pressing and steaming those pleats, which I hope will remain after washing.
The fabric combination is the same as here (even the lining!) and the instructions are just fine. It’s really not Ottobre’s fault if I always managed to get confused when I make lined dresses…