For the sake of diversity
I really liked how diverse my pattern sources were in 2009 and somehow I have the feeling that they’ve been less varied this year so far. So I perused through my Bizzkids and decided to make this dress. And while making it I was recalled of why I make so few Bizzkids patterns. First, there are no markings on the pattern. Well, except grain and fold. But otherwise, you’re left to yourself when matching the pieces. Second, the instructions are dreadful. This is not the worse Bizzkids pattern I’ve ever worked with but the quality of the instructions is still way lower than Ottobre’s, for example. But okay, I still managed to make the dress fine. It’s not like it’s an advanced pattern…:
It’s a balloon overall skirt made of embroidered linen and a matching cotton, both from the Holland market a year ago, lined with some white batist. I replaced the typical overall closures with grommets and the dress is closed by pulling the straps through the grommets and tying a knot.
DD likes it, and I do to, although I find it a bit on the short side. If I sew it up again, I’ll definitely lengthen the skirt a few centimeters… Other than that, it’s a winner: