Yet another Ottobre pattern, graded to 98. A jacket for DD, made out of one of the very first fabrics I ever bought. It’s from the Holland market, for like 3€/m and I took 3 m so there’ll be more of this coming. In fact, it’s already cut. But I’m disgressing. So this is a lined jacket for DD. I think it’s perfect for the fall.
The original garment is made of a teddy-like wool jersey fabric lined with nicky velour. Mine is made out of an embroidered stretch fabric of otherwise unknown composition lined with poplin, so I could skip the bias interfacing at the shoulders and neckline.
Nothing too spectacular if you’ve made lined garments before. If you haven’t I’m not sure this would be the right pattern to start with, at least as much as the instructions for that step are concerned. I didn’t quite understand them so I followed my own method and ended up slipstitching at the bottom instead of at one side. I also think one should interface the upper front part of this garment, as well as the bottom seam allowances. This is the first time that I felt a wee bit let down by the instructions in Ottobre.
This was my first time doing a lined jacket without a neck facing. It makes the collar stand high and that’s the style of the jacket so it’s ok. I understitched the collar because I didn’t want too much of the lining showing up.
I didn’t use a velvet band because Icouldn’t find the right color. I considered skipping the band altogether and using 4 buttons instead but I found this satin band in a beautiful deep purple (that shows up bluish on the pictures) that matches the lining and decided to go for it. The buttons are black with a purple sheen to them.
Let me say no more:
I wonder how DD manages to get a moustache AND a beard from drinking milk *shaking head*
More on the pants here.